Latest News Forums ArcheAge Class Discussion Guild Class Spread

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Senbotsu 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Lunaki
    Keymaster

PLEASE POST AFTER VOTING SO I KNOW WHO THE CRAP RESPONDED

::Quick rundown of the classes::
    ArcheAge Classes

Tank
    Pretty obvious here. Main skill tree involved with this will be Defense, and most likely include Auramancy or Occultism as well. You will be that fatass melee guy standing in the way, pulling aggro off your squishy teammates.

Healer
    This is different from Support in that your sole job is to make sure your teammates stay alive. You heal and buff. That is all. Main class here is Vitalism, other good options are Auramancy, and Witchcraft.

Defensive Support
    Again, different from Healer because your main role isn’t to dish out massive heals, but to keep up buffs and heal over time on your allies, while debuffing enemies. A prime example of this would be the Songcraft class. Also works with Defense and Witchcraft.

Offensive Support (CC)
    Keep jerks off yourself and your allies. Rather than being beefy or healy, you’ll most likely have Occultism paired with Sorcery, or Shadowplay. Or all three.

Mage
    Make things explode with magic. Very basic. Also obvious classes involved in this: Sorcery and Occultism.

Melee DPS
    Whether you’re the beefy warrior-type going in face first, or the sneaky assassin-type trying to backstab the opponent, you’re in there doing physical damage up close and personal. Main class is Battlerage, Defense or Auramancy for tankiness, Shadowplay for being a dick.

Ranged DPS
    Mostly physical damage from afar. The typical Archery class is no surprise here. Also works well with Shadowplay.

Since we’re gonna be a small group to begin with, I’d like to make sure we’re pretty well rounded. Mainly just making sure we have some tanks and support to back up the inevitable large amount of DPS. xD The class combinations in the game make it easy to build to cover more than one of these archetypes at once, but be careful when mixing classes that you don’t gimp yourself by trying to cover too many bases at once and being shitty at all of them.

Davino
    Participant

Defensive support. Tomb warden.

Hanzo
    Participant

I’ll be playing a Darkrunner. (Shadowplay, Battlerage, Auramancy)

Lunaki
    Keymaster

I’m probably gonna be playing a combination of Vitalism, Auramancy, and… Something. I haven’t quite decided on my third tree yet. There’s a few decent third options for support characters, so I’ll have to choose one of them. xD

RagingPandaFury
    Participant

I’ll probably play Arcanist (Witchcraft, Auramancy, Sorcery)

Krrast
    Participant

Tank….looking at the tiers, probably something along the lines of the soldier concept… which trees i have no idea yet but i’ll be looking into that soon

Lunaki
    Keymaster

Apparently there’s nothing that tanks better than Defense/Battlerage/Auramancy, so take a look at that and see if you’d like it (it’s called Abolisher in the english version of the game.. Solider in the rough translation, maybe thats what you were talking about anyway? XD ) With each class having 2 names its hard to keep track.

I figured you’d prefer the physical sword and shield version of a tank more than a magical tank. Otherwise I’d suggest Occultism as another option!

Toebite
    Participant

Melee dps~

Lunaki
    Keymaster

Who the crap is the second tank? :(

Splain
    Keymaster

This is a surprisingly good spread!

Xiaira
    Participant

yes, I will be playing.. *gasp* the crowd goes quiet as the long lost friend walks back into their lives :D

I haven’t had a chance to look at the classes yet, but I don’t want to heal and I don’t want to be a range dps.. I know that much.. I want to be up close killing shit.. end of discussion :)

TonythyTiger
    Participant

imma be ta bestest DPS melee i can be!!

Objet
    Participant

If I Do play I will most likely be one of the support classes.

Lunaki
    Keymaster

Oh hai Objet. That sounds nice, since we’re short on support.. I seem to be the only one going healer so far, there’s a couple people going tank, and only one person going heavy-CC.

Senbotsu
    Participant

Of all the builds I’ve tried over beta, I enjoyed the daggerspell build the most (Sorc/Shadow/Witch). It’s a very high burst DPS build that still has a disgusting amount of CC and high mitigation through self-buffs.

Role-wise as far as group play is concerned, would probably be classed as offensive CC as I can DoT up the focus target while CC’ing adds through bubble, stuns, fears, and roots.

———-

Sen's Banner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.